Job Title: Library Clerk, Cicero Branch
Status: Permanent Part-time, Nonexempt (hourly)
Salary/Wage: $9.18 hourly
Assists customers in the circulation and location of materials and information in a friendly and welcoming manner. Keeps materials organized on shelves according to library procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Checks materials in and out.
2. Answers the telephone; answers questions appropriate to skill level; relays messages to appropriate individuals.
3. Assists patrons to locate materials on the computer and instruct patrons in the use of the library equipment.
4. Assists patrons in placing holds.
5. Collects fines and fees.
6. Operates standard library equipment such as copiers, cash register, and integrated library system.
7. Registers new patrons and updates existing patron accounts.
8. Shelves library materials.
9. Performs various opening and closing procedures.
10. Special projects, as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily by the end of the first three months of service. Individuals are expected to be proficient at assigned tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer knowledge and/or prior experience in the following areas: customer service; filing; organization (arrangement); resolving customer complaints; working on a team; and working with computer hardware and software.
COMMUNICATION/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS and MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicable abilities, aptitudes, and personality include: coachable; good judgment; perform well under pressure; promote the Library in a positive manner through interactions with customers and visitors; readily adapt to change; team player; work with details and people simultaneously, and the ability to speak and read English.
Schedule: Includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
Preferred methods of application: Complete our online job application, which may be found on our website at https://www.hnpl.lib.in.us under “About HNPL -> Employment Opportunities”. 3 references are required for the reference sheet. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Please contact Cindy Ritter, Circulation Manager, with questions concerning this job vacancy. Phone: 317-984-5623 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org