Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Library Director
Status: Permanent Part-Time, Nonexempt, Hourly
Salary: $15.00 – $18.77 per hour
Hours/Week: 20+ hours per week (negotiable)
The overarching goal of this position is to help bring about increased library traffic, circulation, and use of services while sustaining/enhancing the library’s positive public image. In conjunction with the Management Team, develops, promotes and implements all marketing and advertising campaigns for the library. Writes press releases and copy; designs and disseminates digital and print marketing materials; and strategically develops the library’s brand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
In working with the Management Team, oversees the development of the library’s brand. Helps determine the best means of communicating with the public. Utilizes graphic design software to create print and digital materials. Creates content for events and services, and photographs library events. Manages the library’s social media and online presence, including the library’s website. Creates and disseminates e-newsletters. Creates and executes mass mailings through the USPS. Works with the Management Team in developing marketing goals. Manages the timely release of marketing messages. Monitors and reports on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and makes adjustments and recommendations accordingly.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Highly creative with a good sense of aesthetics.
2. Well-developed graphic design skills.
3. Good photography skills; photo editing skills a plus.
4. Good writing skills; able to write persuasively.
5. Able to devise and execute a Marketing Plan.
6. Familiar with targeted mail marketing through the USPS.
7. Analytical and tech-savvy.
8. Adaptable and flexible; embraces change.
9. Interested in literacy and public service.
10. Self-starter; independent worker, but a good team player.
11. Task-oriented and goal-driven, but with good people skills.
12. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily by the end of the first three months of service. Individuals are expected to be proficient at assigned tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 1-year professional-level experience in a related field.
DRIVERS LICENSE and TRANSPORTATION
A driver's license is required for this position, as the employee will need to travel between the Cicero and the Atlanta Branches. Each employee is expected to provide his or her own reliable transportation to and from work and, as needed, between branches.
This job requires day and evening weekday hours, as well as occasional weekend hours to cover public events. Flexibility in schedule is needed.
This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Complete the online job application, which may be found on our website at https://www.hnpl.lib.in.us under “About HNPL Employment Opportunities”. Please contact Ann Hoehn, Director, with questions concerning the job vacancy at 317-984-5623, Ext. 3001 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by May 1, 2021 will receive first consideration.