Hamilton North Public Library
SUBJECT: Wireless Internet Policy
APPROVED BY: Library Board of Trustees
APPROVAL DATE: December 20, 2018
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 20, 2018
NEW ( ) REVISED ( X )
By choosing to use this free wireless service you agree to abide by the Hamilton North Public Library’s Internet and Computer Use Policy that prohibits abuse or illegal activity while using the Library’s Internet service. All users are expected to use the library’s wireless access in a legal and responsible manner. HNPL’s Internet access points are filtered to comply with CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) regulations.
Limitations and Disclaimers
• Wireless access is provided as a public service free of charge on an as-is basis with no guarantee and no warranty. The library’s wireless network is subject to periodical maintenance and unforeseen downtime.
• Information passing through the Library’s wireless access is not secured and could be monitored, captured, or altered by others. There are risks involved with connecting to a public wireless connection, such as possible viruses, malware, loss of data, hacking and snooping by others, and hardware/software failure. It is your sole responsibility to protect your information from all risks associated with using the Internet, including any damage, loss, or theft that may occur as a result of your use of the Library’s wireless access.
• All Wi-Fi (wireless Internet) users should have up-to-date antivirus software installed on their computers and wireless devices.
• The computer or device owner is responsible for setting up their equipment to access the Hamilton North Public Library wireless network. Library staff is not permitted to handle or configure a patron’s laptop or peripheral equipment, nor may they provide more than general assistance in getting connected to the wireless network.
• The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times.
• In using this free Internet access, you agree and hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless, the Hamilton North Public Library, its officers and employees, and any affiliate from any damage that may result from your use of this wireless access.
• While using this wireless access, you acknowledge that you are subject to, and agree to abide by, the policies of the Hamilton North Public Library as well as local, Indiana, and federal laws.
• At its sole discretion, Hamilton North Public Library may terminate this public service at any time without prior notice.
• Due to limited bandwidth, Library staff may limit the type of Internet use.
• Any attempt to circumvent library procedures or any unauthorized attempt to access or manipulate library equipment will be handled according to the prescribed penalties for policy violations outlined in the Library’s Code of Conduct Policy.
• If you do not agree to the above terms, please disable your wireless connection or turn off your wireless device.